Spirit Water Chapter

Devils Lake is a city named after the nearby body of water, Devils Lake. The present site of Devils Lake was originally Sioux land and the original inhabitants were relocated to the Spirit Lake Reservation. A post office was founded in November 15, 1882, and originally named Creelsburg after it was founded by Lieutenant Heber M. Creel, a West Point graduate and topographical engineer then stationed at nearby Fort Totten. When the village was incorporated in 1884, the name was changed to City of Devils Lake and then shortened to Devils Lake.

Devils Lake Sunset

“View of Devils Lake at sunset (Spirit Water)”


Warning: Illegal string offset 'echo' in /home2/nddar/public_html/wp-content/themes/hybrid/library/extensions/custom-field-series.php on line 82